Saturday, July 12, 2008

ITC-CSCC2008 @ Kaikyo messe

This week, it was so busy for me...I thought I would be dead!!
For 4days, last Suday through on the last Wednesday, some classmates and I joined ITC-CSCC2008 as an interpreter and a receptionist.
It was an international conference about engineering or IT things...so it was difficult to understand what they are talking about but we need not to listen to sessions, just join as an interpreter or receptionist, so it was okay and I really enjoy it heaps:)
今週はありえんくらい忙しかった。ホントしぬかと思ったし(笑)
先週の日曜日から水曜日まで、クラスメイトとかとITC-CSCC2008に通訳さんとか受付とかのお手伝いで参加したンやけどね。でも、情報工学とかの国際会議だから、参加してる偉い人が何を話しちょるんかよくわからんやったけどねw受付とか通訳には関係☆ものすごくエンジョイしましたよ~。

On third day of the conference, they held a banquette. I guess, aprox 300 people joined it. Actually, Mami and I did its moderater!! It was amagin'!!
We are getting used to talking in front of bunch of people!
Baiko gives us a lot of opportunity to do that kind of things heaps these days.
学会三日目の夜は、バンケットが会ったよ。んで、聞いたところによると300人くらい参加した見たいなんよね。
実は。。。真美ちゃんと私そこで司会をさせてもらったんですぅ!!
大人数の前で話すのにもだんだん慣れてきたね。
梅光が何かしら機会をくれるからね、最近は特に。


First day's reception. We met some VIP at the recep, and through another three days, they talked to us at the reception desk or other place wherever we met again. It was a good opportunity to see VIP from all over the world, mainly Asia tho.
初日の夕方からレセプションがあって、ここでVIPの人たちともお近づきになれたわけです。で、その後の三日間どこかで会うたびに声をかけてくださったので、本当にいい交流の場が与えられたなぁ。とおもいます。ほとんどがアジア圏からのかたがたでしたが、世界中のVIPとお近づきになれたので、本当によかったです。

Mami?? What did you do there?? haha
We could go the observatory for free~ so we went there all together! It was so cool:)
真美ちゃん・・・?そこで、何をしていたのかしら(笑笑)
ただで海峡タワーに上れたので、みんなしていってきました。

Talking about the tower, my friend was asked to go there together by a Thailand guy on the second day of the conf. I was laughing at what happend on my friend, but on the third day and the forth day, a guy from Malasia asked me going out together again and again and again, he was a kind of sticky haha. Not bad guy, but his English was kindda funny, I thought. He add "actually" or "I mean" at the biginning of the sentences which he spoke. It was so funny for me. Needless to say, I didn't go out lol
タワーっていったら、二日目に友達がタイ人からタワーに一緒にいこうよって誘われていたんよ。んで、まじで~って、笑ってたん。でも三日目と四日目にマレーシア人の人がめっちゃ私を誘ってくるわけね。なんか、悪い人やなかったンやけど、彼の英語がツボ過ぎて。。。発する言葉の頭に絶対、「アクチュアリ~」か「アイミーン」をつけるンよね。おかしすぎて。私たちは彼をアクチュアリーと呼んでいました(笑)言うまでもないけど、ちゃんとお断りしましたよ(笑)




I was just a little bit nervous, then main moterater Dr.Ding encouraged Mami an me a lot, so we did well. My turn was really short, Mami's one was kindda long one, so during she was doin MC, I was talking with Dr.Ding a lot about my future plan. Like in 5years, I want to enter a business school to have MBA or MPA, hopefully MPA in the States or like that kindda thing, then he offered me to be a reference:) Even if it's a compliment, it was so happy for me.
舞台袖でちょっとだけ緊張していたわけですね。やっぱり世界のVIPを前にすると若干今までに経験したことのない感情が生まれるもんですよ。でも、メイン司会の丁先生が真美ちゃんと私を勇気付けてくれましたよ。だからうまくできたと思います。私のターンはすっごく短いもので、真美ちゃんの司会はそれよりも長かったから、真美ちゃんが司会している間私は、丁先生とずっと将来のことについてお話してました。5年以内くらいにアメリカのビジネススクールでMBAかMPAかとりたいンよね~的なお話をね。そしたら、先生が必要なときは推薦人の一人になるから連絡してね。だって。お世辞かもしれないけど、それにしてもうれしいよね☆

With VIPs from Thailand~he who standing at the centre is our smile prince lol
タイからのVIPさんです~真ん中の彼は、私たちの微笑み王子ですから(笑)

After everything had done, we tried to go to donate our blood in SeaMall. But we all forgot it was Wednesday, and it was closed. So, we gave up to doing it, and went to have nice sweets!! We...our body or brain needed something cold and sweet!
ぜ~んぶが終わってから、献血に行こうか。っていうことになって、シーモールにいったんやけど、水曜日って言うの忘れてたんです。。。献血お休みの日やンね。だからあきらめて、おいしいものを食べに行きました。みんな・・っていうか私たちの体とか脳みそとかが、なんか冷たくて甘いものを欲していたわけですね。


The 4days were totally awesome! I was so happy that I could join such a big international conference. We could know how much really we can speak or use our English. Mostly, it was okay sometime challenging, but we Baiko student was all one, so when we find something difficult, we could work together. And what was good, we could have a confidence in our English skill and pronunciation.
この四日間本当にすごかった!!こんな大規模な国際学会に参加できて本当によかったと思う。私たちの英語が実際の社会でどれだけ通用するのかを知ることができたし。ほとんどの部分では問題なかったけど、たまに難しいことに直面しても、梅大生はみんなで協力するすべをちゃんと知っていたよね。みんなで力をあわせれば、何とかなることもわかったし。 それに、自分の英語の運用能力であったり、発音なんかにも自信がもてるようになったよね。

That was totally amazing!!!
本当によかった~
 
☆Thank you for reading my pages* counter since 9 JUNE 2009* 2009年6月9日以来 人目のお客様です☆いつも読んでくれてありがとう♪