Thursday, August 21, 2008

FINALLY, I AM IN THE STATES!

I left my country, Japan on the last Saturday morning from Fukuoka airport.
Then we went to Centrair, Nagoya. Then a big problem came up! One of my buddy couldn't left the country to the states together!! Oh my goodness! A professor and we all three were praying for the student. It was unexpected, so we worried about her so much in the air craft. Finally, she could come to the states and in Texas, after a day later. I cannot imagine how she were alone and worried. If I were in her shoes, I cannot come to the states, just go back to my house maybe. So she is great:)
先週の土曜日に福岡空港を出発して、中部空港で乗り換えの為に降りました。そこで、大事件の発生です!先生と私たち学生5人が一緒にアメリカに入国することになっていたんですが、ひとりだけ日本を出国できなかったんです!思いがけない出来事にただただびっくりするばかり。心配しつつも、彼女を一人日本に残しアメリカへと飛び立ちました。彼女は一日遅れで入国できました☆よかったよかった。もしも私がそんなことになったら、そこで引き下がってしまうよ。名古屋から福岡に戻ってもうアメリカに行くのをあきらめたかも知れません。。。やっぱり彼女はすごいよ。

After more than 9 hours, we arrived at San Francisco, but it was around 9 or 10am, 16th of Aug...it means that I experienced the same day twice! I left Fukuoka around 12pm, so. AWESOME!
San Francisco's airport was so funny. It was the first place where I stepped on, the united states, so we needed to take some interview to enter the country. And my interviewer was, I think he was an Asian-american, his English was kindda difficult to listen to, but I could understand with some struggling. He asked me my purpose, so I answered, To attend a university for an academic year as an exchange student in Indiana. And next, he asked me, what is my major in Japan and America, so I said, My major in Japan and America is both English Literature. Then he asked me if I know Robert Frost. Haha thank god, I know him very well with tough Dr.Spetter's class at Baiko. So I said, yes I know him and I have written an essay about his poem once. Then he asked me heaps of American literature writers. Thanks to really really tough Prof.Tsutsumi's class, I could nod for all of his question. Then he said "welcome to america" haha
九時間くらい国際線にゆられて、サンフランシスコに無事到着。ここで初めて同じ八月十六日を二度も経験することになりました☆え?いみわからんって?私が福岡を出たのが8月16日のお昼12時だったわけで、んでもって、太平洋のど真ん中で日付変更線を越えてタイムスリップして過去に逆戻りしたわけです。それで、8月16日のお昼の数時間を2回過ごすようなことになったわけですね♪
サンフランシスコで入国審査を受けなければならなかったので、審査官の所に行くと、私の審査官はどうもアジア系の人のようでちょっと英語が聞きにくかったですが、何とか質問に答えることはできました。ここにもアメリカのサラダボールを見ることができるよね。なんて思ったり。最初に、目的が何かを聞かれて、大学に交換留学で一年間。ッて答えると、つぎは、専攻はなんですか?ときかれたので、日本でもアメリカでも英米文学です。ってこたえると、いきなりロバートフロストはしってるかね?って聞いてきました。幸運にも、難しいスペター先生の授業でフロストについてやったし、彼の詩のアナライズエッセイも書いていたから、話がはずむはずむ(笑)そのあとは、入国審査というよりも、どれだけ米国の作家を知っているかのクイズみたいな。。。ありがたいことに、堤先生の超タフなゼミのおかげもあって、全部の質問にちゃんと知ってるよ。といって代表作について話すことができました☆そのあとも、いっぱい文学について語り合ってから、「アメリカへようこそ!」っていってくれて、スタンプをもらって、入国しました。

He didn't ask me how much I had with cash or any other details....haha lucky Gene.
Hey officer! WORK!
お金をいくら持ってるのかとか、そのほかの詳細とか、まったく聞かれないままでした。ラッキー☆
ちょっと・・・まてよ?働けよ!公務員だろうが(笑)

After that we needed to be checked our belongings. Then we were trapped from others with cheap belt like ribon with no shoes with no bags for 10 mins or like that, then we were shoted with strong wind in a small glass case, and released once and trapped again in another glass case all together and waited for another 10mins or like that again. Then they checked everything and gave them all to us. When we were waiting for our belongings came back to us, an officer came to us and asked "you look tired, it was long flight isnt it? You feel better in here? much better than the sitting on plane?"
Thanks man! You see?! You think we are feel better with no shoes?? After trapped in a strange glass case like a circus animal? Man come on and open your eyes and see me again! Haha. One of the officer tried to give Takako her belt, then he fell down it on the floor. He was laughing and said, sorry sorry I am sorry. how nice he is:) haha so I said, oh thank you your "very" nice. haha.
そのあと厳しい持ち物チェックが。。。安っぽいベルトみたいなリボンで閉じ込められた上に、靴はとられるは、バッグは取られるは。。。そして変なガラスケースに入れられて強風に吹き付けさせられるはで。。。。そのあとさらにガラスケースの中で素足のまま、サーカスの動物みたいに10分くらい待たされました。そのあとチェックが終わったらしく、待望の持ち物との再開を果たすに致るわけですけれども、再開を待つ間しばしの間、素足のままバックもなく突っ立って待たされるわけです。そこで、オフィサーがきて、「疲れてそうだね。長い間飛行機に閉じ込められていたんだろ?ここのほうがずっと快適だよね(微笑)」
あ~ぁご親切にどうもどうも。良く見て御覧なさい。お目目かっぴらいて見て御覧なさいよ。お靴もお召しになってございませんし、バックもお手元からはずっと離れたままでございますが?ガラスケースの中に何のためかわかんないけど閉じ込めといて。。。何が心地いいでしょう?ですか・・・まぁ。それはとりようしだいでしょうから、どうでもいいけど。お荷物に再開するときにたかちゃんにベルトを返してくれていたオフィサーが微笑みながら、オット!っていってベルト落としちゃったんよ。それで、めちゃくちゃごめんを連呼。でも、わざとらしい笑みを浮かべつつ(笑)だから、皮肉っぽく、「ありがとぉ!!」って言ってみた。皮肉が大好きな斜めちゃんなジーンですから☆

We frew down to Dallas FT Worth after that. The port was so cool!!!
そのあとダラスに降りて、今度はインディアナへ。ダラスの空港は本当にすごかったよぉ~

Gross! Just gross America!
きしょっ!きしょっ!
After more than 20hours from Japan and they welcomed me.
20時間以上もかけて日本からはるばる到着してこの二人が歓迎してくれたわけです(笑)

Whatever. Finally I am in America!
まぁ。なんでもいいけど、今アメリカにいます☆

No comments:

 
☆Thank you for reading my pages* counter since 9 JUNE 2009* 2009年6月9日以来 人目のお客様です☆いつも読んでくれてありがとう♪