Friday, November 7, 2008

The Campus Trembled!

We all, who live in this world became a witness, witness of the big change.
私たちみんな、世界中の皆が歴史的な日の目撃者になったね!

November 4, 2008, at 11p.m EST, Sen. Barack Obama was elected as the next president of the biggest nation in the world.
2008年11月4日夜11時、バラック・オバマ上院議員が次の大統領に選出されました。世界で一番大きな国の大統領に。

I could not help watching the TV at that night.
I had to read my book for a literature class, I had to read FOCUS, but I could not.
テレビから目が離せませんでした。
文学の授業の予習があったんだけど、Focusっていう本を読まなければならなかったけれど、そんなのできなかったんだって。

My roommate was went out.
I was alone in my room, but I was not alone, there were heap of people watching the TV at the same time. My next-door friends were obviously watching the same program. When Sen. Obama colored a state blue, they were shouting. Looked at sidewalk through my window, some people walking with Obama frags and shouting, "GoooOOOOOOO! Obama!!"
ルームメイトはどこかに行ってて、
私へやに一人っきりだったの、でも一人じゃなかった、世界中で同じテレビを見ている人たちが一緒だったんだって。隣の部屋の人は明らかに同じテレビを見てたね。どこかの州でオバマが勝つたびに叫んでいたから。窓から外を見ると、オバマの旗をもった人たちが「Goooooo Obama!」って叫んでた。

Indiana was still gray. Close game.
インディアナはその時まだ、グレーのまま。すごい接戦なの。

10:59p.m, my next-door friends started to count down.
10時59分、隣の人たちがカウントダウンを始めました。

"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!"

then TV showed, "Sen.Barack Obama is elected!"
すると、テレビ画面に、「バラック・オバマ上院議員選出!!!」っていう表示。

"WhoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YEY! OBAMA!!!!! WhoooooOOOOOO!!!!"
「やったぁ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~うぅおっほぉ~い~~~~いえぇぇぇいwww!!!」

"Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama!"
「オバマ・オバマ・オバマ・オバマ・オバマ!!!!」

I was not sure, where the voices came from...but it getting louder and louder.
どこからそのオバマコールが沸いているのか、わからなかったwでも、どんどんそのコールが大きくなってくるんです。

I was watching the outside, then five people or something were screaming and jumping with joy, then a stranger came to them and hugging, but they seemed not a friend or something. But hugging.
外を眺めてみると、五人ぐらいの集団が喜びで叫びながら飛び跳ねてました。そこに、一見友だちなんかには見えない人が走りよって来てハグwとにかく知っていようが知っていなかろうが、ハグw

"Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama!"
「オバマ・オバマ・オバマ・オバマ・オバマ!!!!」

The Obama call was comming from bunch of small windows. The students in dorm room were shouting through the never-opened screen door.
オバマコールはたくさんの小さな小さな窓越しに響いていることが判明。寮の小さな小さな開かない網戸ごしに必死にさけんでいるんです。

ISU has many big dorm buildings, in campus, most of them has more than ten floors.
The students kept screaming for more than ten minutes.
ISUにはたくさんの寮がたっていて、どれも結構大きいのね、そこから学生たちが10分以上叫んでいました。

Sen. John McCain came up to the TV and start his Concession Speech.
He looked almost to cry. His speech was kind of impressive one for me.
ジョンマッケイン上院議員がテレビに現れて、敗北宣言を始めました。
今にも泣き出しそうな顔、口調で話すの。今までの彼のスピーチの中で一番心に残るスピーチだったと思います。なんだか、感動しちゃったし。

On the other hand, the out side was still busy with Obama call.
外はというと、まだ止まぬオバマコールで騒がしいまま。

At that time, Indiana finally became a blue state.
この頃、インディアナはとうとう灰色から青色に。オバマの勝利!

After the Concession Speech, I looked the out side, a huge parking lot, there were heap of people. Next to my dorm, Rhoads is Mills Hall. Hedge of Mills, many African-American students are there, usually. Around 10 or somethimes 20. But there were more than a hundred people at 11:10p.m EST.
敗北宣言の後、外を見るとたくさんの人でごったがいしています。私が住んでる寮の隣にミルズホールっていう寮があって、その垣根にいつも黒人さんたちが10人か20人くらいたむろしてるんですが、今回は11時10分くらいに百人くらい集まってるの。

My roommate wrote "GO OBAMA!" on our white boad, which is hanging on our door, when she left to friend's room. But when I saw it, it said "GO McC!" who did it?
So I was writing, "Yey! GO OBAMA! HE WON THE RACE!!" Then Takako came to me. So we went out together to join the big group.
ルームメイトが友だちのところに遊びに行く前に、私たちのへやのドアにぶら下げてあるホワイトボードに「がんばれ!オバマ!」って書いてたんだけど、時間がたってみてみると「がんばれ!マッケイン!」になってました。。。誰の仕業だwww
だから、「やったぁ!がんばれ!オバマ!オバマの勝利!」って書き直していると、たかちゃんがきたので、2人で群集に混ざりに外へ繰り出しました。

The campus was still trembling with students' scream. Many many Aftican-American students were there and fewer but other students, too. We joined the Obama call and hugging so many people who we do not know each other.
キャンパスはまだオバマコールでゆれていました。黒人さんがいっぱいいたけど、中にはそうでない人たちも数は少ないけれどいました。オバマコールに参加して、知らない人とはぐしまくりwww危険は承知でねw

But we cannot be here for so long, we have to go back to our room to listen to Obama's Election Speech. So after ten or fifteen minutes, some boys who were on a top of their car said, "Thanks come together, today! Let's pray!"
でも、彼らも長いはできません。もうすぐオバマの当選演説が始まるから。十分か、二十分かくらいそこにいると、リーダー核らしき黒人の男の子たちが車の上に乗り出して、「集まってくれてありがとう!お祈りしよう!」って。

He prayed. We said,
彼のお祈りが終わって、

"AMEN!" and went back to rooms to listen to Obama's speech.
みんなで、「アーメン!」って行った後に、オバマのスピーチを聞きに部屋に戻りました。

Campus filled with silence. On TV, there was Barack Obama, delivering his speech, smiling with his family, and the next vice president.
キャンパスはすっかり静かになっていました。テレビには、家族と副大統領と笑みを浮かべながら演説をしているオバマさんw





It was like a New Years Day!
Like everyone screaming "Happy New Year!"
But it was "Obama! Whooo!" in stead of Happy New Year.
お正月みたいな騒ぎようなの。
みんなが「あけおめ!」って叫んでるかんじ。
でも、「あけおめ!」ではなくって、「オバマーーーふぅぅーーーー!」って。

The campus trembled.
I was so happy at that time and still now, I am so happy that I could, can be here.
I became an eye witness of historical, dramatical big change of the history, the historical victory.
I was so excited, and I am excited how the world will be changed.
キャンパスがゆれた日w
こんな瞬間にここにいられたことに感動wそしてこれからの革新が始まる時にここにいられることに感動w
私はこの目であの歴史的でドラマティカルに歴史が変わる瞬間をみたんだよ。あの歴史的な大勝利を!すごい興奮だったし、これからどんな風に世界が変わっていくのか本当に楽しみ!

Yes we could!
Yes we can!

No comments:

 
☆Thank you for reading my pages* counter since 9 JUNE 2009* 2009年6月9日以来 人目のお客様です☆いつも読んでくれてありがとう♪