I was changing email with my underclassman who belongs to a club I was a president, previous semester. She told me the result of Australia Language Program this year was not so good. Like the TOEIC score wasnt so nice, as an average.
先学期まで私がリーダーをしていた部活の後輩とメールを交換していたんです。そしたら、オーストラリアの語学研修の結果が今年は振るわなかったと、教えてくれました。TOEICの平均スコアが低かったみたいで。伸び率も含めてだと思うけど。
She also said that a teacher, who coordinate(?) the programme was disappointed at the result.
彼女のメールには、担当の先生ががっかりしている。とも書いてありました。
But, I was happy that she said she enjoyed the programme.
でも、うれしかったことがひとつ。彼女はオーストラリアでの体験を楽しめた。といっていたんです。
What important is this! Just one thing!
大切なのはこれだよ!たった一つ!
If the student, who join in the programme, could enjoy or not, had a fun time in the stay!
プログラムに参加していた学生一人一人が、それを楽しんで、有意義な時間をすごせたかどうかということ。
I know the visiable result is important for coordinator or professors in the univ, but for students, it should not be.
コーディネーターとか先生たちにとっては目に見える結果が大切かもしれないけれど、学生にとってはそうであるべきではないのかも。
For TOEIC score, it is not so difficult to raise a score form 400 to 600, or 500 to 700. There are a lot of how to books in a store. Result can be changed easily. But if they come to USA or other foreign country, can they speak English?? No, because they used a how to book, it's kindda cheating, I think.
TOEICスコアだけで考えるなら、400点の人を600点台に乗せるのも、500点台を700点台にまで伸ばさせるのも、そんなに難しいことではない。そこらじゅうにHOW TO本が売ってあるのだから。百点や二百点はすぐに伸ばすことができる。でも、だからといってアメリカや外の外国に行ったときにちゃんと英語が話せるかといえばそういうわけではないだろう。How to本はあるいみカンニングをするようなものだと思えてならない。
I dont say, should not use them.
I did use them to improve my score.
It is a kind of strategy.
使うなとはいわんよ。
私も使っていたし。
ある種の手法だよね。
But the score is not the everything.
If it was bad, than they can prepare for the next text, to get a good result.
It should be a meal to develop their ability.
でも、スコアがすべてではない。
もしもスコアがよくなかったのならば、次の試験に備えてがんばればいいじゃない。
それもある種の糧になるんだよね、能力開発の。
In my opinion, what important is the process, how to reach the goal.
私の考えでは、どうやって目標を達成するかのプロセスが一番大事。
Suffer a lot, and think a lot.
悩んで、悩んで、考えて。
And find a solution and a suitable way to accomplish their goals, by themselves.
そして打開策を見つける。どうやって目標に到達するかというのを、彼ら自身でね。
Well, "All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." the bible says!
ほら、どのような苦労にも利益があって、口先だけの言葉は欠乏をもたらすって聖書にも書いてあるから。
Now the time to work harder.
After the freakin tired hard work, we will find a glorious future!
今はがんばるところ。
いつかきっと、このいやなきつい時を乗り越えたら、報われる時が来るんだから。
Should not consider only the seeable result, like the score.
We should see the process, how to reach the goal.
見える結果だけを求めてはだめ。
大切なのはそこにいたる過程。
We have to be patient, when we feel the task is super challenging.
難しい仕事を与えられている時こそ、そこにやりがいを見出さなければならないし、そこが一番の耐えるべきところなのだと思いますよ。
If you are there, you are facing to a wall or something, you can plan how to get through it now, then someday, you will break it down and find something new!
もしも今、壁が立ちはだかって身動きが取れないとかだったら、いまはどうやってそれを打ち壊すかを考える時。計画を立てて、いつか壊せる日が来るから。その日がきたら、壁は消え去って、新しい何かが見えるから!
If you are suffering, patient, and keep it up.
もしも悩んでいるのなら、今は耐える。ひたすら耐える。そして今やっていることを続けていくこと。
I could! You can!
私にもできたのだから!誰にだってできるって!
Do not controled by teachers comment. Believe you, yourself. Who will believe you, you wont believe you? You can do it!
先生のコメントになんて流されないで。自分で自分を信じなきゃ。自分が信じないで、誰が信じるの?できるって!絶対に!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment